Friday, March 19, 2010

even when you do everything wrong...

Sometimes I feel like the day whips by me at lightning speed - so fast that I actually see myself spinning in circles trying to keep up with what's going on on my left side and then the right. I fully intend everyday to follow a schedule, develop a plan for completing tasks and be done by the time the family is all home so that we can have the family time we look forward to all day. But it doesn't always work that way, does it?

I realized a long time ago that trying to be perfect at everything certainly isn't important. The stress and anxiety that come with doing everything "picture perfect" is not worth it. I'm no good to my husband, kids, friends, family if I am overwhelmed simply because I want my meals, my home and my hair to look like it came out of a magazine.

So what's the key? Simply put - balance. There are days when I don't do anything right. I don't have the pantry/fridge stocked well enough to provide nutritious breakfasts and lunches for the day - and we wind up with grab-n-go meals for the day. The laundry is undone and the car is out of gas. I over-commit my day and wind up being out too long, creating a stressful evening trying to play catch up. Thankfully, even when I do everything wrong, my family has grace and they know this is not the norm. It almost makes me try even harder to seek and find healthy alternatives to the last minute or fast food lunches we ate as well as inspires me to take the time to develop daily routine that I can handle without last minute changes causing a dramatic interruption.

Balancing family, school, my work at home job, homework, church obligations and the strong desire to help my family stay well and illness free is no easy task....but my goal remains the same and I see little successes all the time. I am thankful for my understanding family who loves me and encourages me!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment